The Interim Collaboration Work Group (ICWG) is a short term working group, established by the Faster Payments Task Force (FPTF) to develop recommendations for a faster payments governance framework for the U.S. marketplace. The ICWG will develop a representative and inclusive governance framework, including setting out recommendations for establishing leadership roles and responsibilities and membership guidelines. The ICWG will publish and seek comment on its recommendations from all payment system stakeholders and finalize them for implementation.
The membership of the ICWG was determined by election within the task force and includes qualified representatives from each of the defined task force segments. The composition of the ICWG is outlined below, listed by segment.
Initial Interim Collaboration Work Group (ICWG) Member List*
- Business End Users
- John Drechny, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- James (Morgan) Elliott, Nationwide Insurance
- Consumer Interest Organizations
- Adam Rust – Reinvestment Partners
- Christina Tetreault – Consumers Union
- Government End Users
- John Hill – Fiscal Service, U.S. Department of the Treasury*
- Large Financial Institutions
- Douglas Berg – Wells Fargo & Company
- Tom Rea – U.S. Bank
- Medium Financial Institutions
- Susan Doyle – Commerce Bank
- Charles Harkness – Corporate One Federal Credit Union
- Non-Bank Providers
- Kevin Christensen – SHAZAM Network
- Matthew Friend – Visa, Inc.
- Steve Ledford – The Clearing House (TCH)
- Gene Neyer – D+H Global Transaction Banking Solutions
- Deborah Phillips – Jack Henry
- Bradley Wilkes – WingCash LLC
- Other Stakeholders
- James Angel – Georgetown University
- Roy DeCicco – Accredited Standards Committee (ASC) X9
- Jan Estep – NACHA – The Electronic Payments Association
- Stephen Kenneally – American Bankers Association
- Gary Stein – Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- David Walker – ECCHO
- Small Financial Institutions
- Michael Bilski – North American Banking Company*
- Barbara Gross – Bankers’ Bank
- Mark Keeling – The Bankers Bank
*As stated in the ICWG Charter, the ICWG chair, in collaboration with ICWG members, may appoint additional ICWG members from the Faster Payments Task Force, the Secure Payments Task Force, or the broader industry to ensure appropriate industry representation and needed perspectives. Asterisked members have been appointed by the ICWG to date.
The ICWG is currently weighing the need for further appointments and hopes to have a final list of initial ICWG members by September 2017.