The Federal Reserve System’s Secure Payments Task Force will engage a diverse array of stakeholders in advancing the work outlined in Strategies for Improving the U.S. Payment System (PDF), published in January 2015. The mission of the Secure Payments Task Force is to provide a forum for stakeholders to advise the Federal Reserve in its leader/catalyst and operator roles on payment security matters, and identify and promote actions that can be taken by payment system participants collectively or by the Federal Reserve System.
The objectives of the Secure Payments Task Force include:
- Provide advice on payment security matters
- Coordinate with the Faster Payments Task Force to identify solutions for any new or modified payments infrastructure so that it is both fast and secure
- Determine areas of focus and priorities for future action to advance payment system safety, security and resiliency
The Secure Payments Task Force was established in June 2015 and has made significant progress in meeting its objectives.
- Review meeting materials including detailed discussion guides and meeting summaries
Work Products and Efforts
The Secure Payments Task Force convened in June of 2015 and have since produced the following work products and launched work groups:
- Payment Lifecycles and Security Profiles
- Information Sharing Data Sources
- Decision-Making Framework (PDF)
- Glossary of Terms