The Federal Reserve System’s Secure Payments Task Force will engage a diverse array of stakeholders in advancing the work outlined in Strategies for Improving the U.S. Payment System (PDF), published in January 2015. The mission of the Secure Payments Task Force is to provide a forum for stakeholders to advise the Federal Reserve in its leader/catalyst and operator roles on payment security matters, and identify and promote actions that can be taken by payment system participants collectively or by the Federal Reserve System.
The Secure Payments Task Force is open to all payment system stakeholders with the following:
- Demonstrated relevant payments industry knowledge and experience
- Availability to commit time and resources, including at least one quarterly in-person meeting and periodic teleconferences
Review the Secure Payments Task Force Charter (PDF) for a complete description of the task force responsibilities and guidelines for participating, the current member roster, the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and the Glossary of Terms.
Registration is a two-step process including the registration form and a signed participation agreement.
- Submit your registration for the Secure Payments Task Force.
- Download, review, sign and send the participation agreement to the Federal Reserve. We encourage you to review the participation agreement with your legal counsel before signing.
- Organization Participation Agreement (3/16, PDF) – An organization is allowed one representative on each task force.
- Summary of Changes (3/16, PDF) – Provides explanation of changes made in the Amended and Restated Participation Agreement.
Once you have reviewed the agreement, sign and email, fax or mail your signed participation agreement to the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City. Agreements sent via email or fax must include a scanned hand signature. Electronic signatures are not permissible.
Mail: Customer Contact Center, P.O. Box 219416, Kansas City, MO 64121-9416
Please allow up to five business days for processing of the signed participation agreement. Once the signed participation agreement is processed, you will receive an email confirming that your registration is complete.
Interested in knowing which of your peers are participating on the task force? View the participant roster.