Share or Print this page
- This event has passed.
Nacha Smarter Faster Payments 2021 Remote Connect: Day 4
August 26, 2021
Join a lineup of Federal Reserve speakers during Nacha Smarter Faster Payments from August 23 – 26. Attendees will hear from senior leaders and experts on topics spanning the future of instant payments, synthetic identity fraud, business-to-business payments innovation, Federal Reserve Financial Services, and more.
Speakers on Thursday, August 26:
- Michael Timoney, vice president of secure payments with the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, will explain various challenges surrounding synthetic identity fraud during a discussion on from 11:10 a.m. – 12:10 p.m. ET.
- Guy Berg, vice president of the payments, standards, and outreach group with the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, will assess risks and benefits in auditing blockchain during a panel from 1:20 – 2:20 p.m. ET.
- Nick Stanescu, senior vice president business executive of the FedNowSM Service, will discuss the future of real-time payments during a panel from 1:20 – 2:20 p.m. ET.
- Jessica Washington, payments risk expert with the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, will explain how to become better listeners and advocates for change from a diversity and inclusion session from 1:20 – 2:20 p.m. ET.
- Connie Theien, senior vice president of industry relations and the faster payments strategy leader for the Federal Reserve System, will examine current and future faster payments solutions during an executive session from 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. ET.
- Allison Baller, vice president and head of industry readiness with the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, will discuss adoption and enablement of the FedNow Service during a panel from 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. ET.