Faster payments, including instant payments, are quickly gaining popularity around the world. And here in the United States, the topic is at the forefront of the payments industry. Now is the time to start learning more about this important and evolving area for the future of payments.
The Federal Reserve is continuing its instant payments education series on FRBservices.org (Off-site). This series discusses the fundamentals of faster payments, while also taking a deeper look at key topics and trends that can help financial institutions and other organizations gain a better understanding of how to plan for an instant payments transformation.
Explore the most recent articles in the series below:
- Fraud and instant payments: The basics (Off-site)
- Why we write so many checks and how instant payments could change that (Off-site)
- FedNow Service: A foundation for an instant payments world (Off-site)
- Unpacking clearing and settlement (Off-site)
- It takes an ecosystem: how faster/instant payments go mainstream (Off-site)
- What’s trending in the world of faster and instant payments? (Off-site)
Review or take a first look at some of the past articles:
- Anatomy of an instant payment (Off-site)
- Fast, faster, instant payments: What’s in a name? (Off-site)
- How can faster payments benefit me? (Off-site)
- A quick look at different types of faster payment transactions (Off-site)
Visit the Instant Payments Education (Off-site) page regularly for the latest installments in the series.
To stay up-to-date on the Fed’s continued efforts around faster payments, sign up to join the FedPayments Improvement Community and select “Faster Payments Implementation” under the interest preferences.